TPCC’s S.A.F.E. or “Supporting Adoption & Fostering Efforts” ministry is dedicated to bringing generational life change to families and children involved in adoption or foster care by partnering to make dreams a reality.
At TPCC “Everyone Matters” and this belief fuels our desire to build strong relationships rooted in love, common beliefs, reliability and integrity. S.A.F.E. volunteers will partner with prospective parents and children covering them in prayer and becoming available resources as we help to carry each other’s burdens. S.A.F.E. will also help bridge the gap of the significant financial costs and minimize the financial impact on families.
S.A.F.E. will accomplish this through the following dedicated teams:
Resource / Information Team
- Develop strategic partnerships / relationships with agency experts.
- Attend and promote local, industry and agency events.
- Assists in creation and update of media, website content and printed material.
- Volunteer in the S.A.F.E. merch store at TPCC on Sundays.
- Inform others of our mission.
Counseling / Mentoring Team
- Be open to sharing personal stories of fostering or adoption with interested individuals from our TPCC church family.
- Be the church by staying in communication with prospective families about important dates, hearings, travel and challenges. Being intentional about covering them in prayer.
- Live life with prospective families and nurture relationships. Attend important events.
- Provide or facilitate respite care so parents can have a night out or tend to other family needs.
Finance / Event Team
- Organize and spearhead events that allow this ministry to be self-sustaining.
- Help build a network of financial supporters.
- Provide families and children involved in adoption or foster care both a night out without kids and a special evening of fun for the kids.
- Plan and help facilitate special celebration events for families.
- Set up/tear down of events.
- Home preparation to make ready for fostering or adoptive children.
- Assist other teams wherever needed.
Now that you know more about S.A.F.E. and our mission, we would like to get to know more about your interests with being apart of S.A.F.E. CLICK HERE to fill out our form.
Turning Point believes in the value and importance of life. Whether you wish to serve in a specific ministry area, give to a specific cause, or simply need these unique services, we want to help. Here are some RESOURCES that you may find beneficial.