Fight Club is the on-ramp for connecting men at Turning Point with our MANdate of leading 1,000 men to experience real lasting change. It is about coming together with a strong band of brothers who choose to care about and ﬁght for what matters most. It's a monthly huddle for men to experience brotherhood, to be challenged in our walk with Christ and to encounter redemption. Think locker room meets an AA meeting where there’s inspiration, transparency, trust, support, and life change.
When do we meet?
We meet the second Saturday of each month starting at 8am. Fight Club is paced by three twenty-minute rounds to end by 9am.
- Round 1: breakfast and fellowship around the table.
- Round 2: life challenge through Biblical teaching and testimony.
- Round 3: discussion for getting real around the table.
Fight Club is the ﬁrst step on our seven-step drop for getting men in the pocket for living a changed life in Christ. What’s your next step?
- Be a part of Fight Club.
- Saved and Baptized.
- Planted and Rooted in the Church.
- Energetically Serving My Family.
- Go thru the Men’s Study.
- Lead another Man/Group thru the Men’s Study.
- Attend a Man Camp.
This month’s challenge was about taking a step toward an accountable brotherhood. We are being reminded of one of our five calls of manhood – “act like men” (1 Corinthians 16:13). The plural form “men” calls attention to how we benefit from the connection and support of a brotherhood. We are setting the stage for forming next months “corners.” Corners are “small groups” for men on steroids.
As we press forward on acting like men, here are just a few questions to get us thinking about what brotherhood means to us and the benefit from the connection.
- What would make a group of men a real brotherhood to you?
- What do you need help with in your life right now that you wish you had a brotherhood to support you?
Call to action:
Is there someone you know who could really benefit from being brought into a brotherhood right now?
- Invite them to be in a "corner" with you.
- Invite them to next month's Fight Club.
- Pray for them.
If you want to be more involved with Fight Club or are interested in being a "corner man" leading a corner (small group) in 2022. Join us for our "corner man" training on January 20th. REGISTER HERE